Sunday 27 April 2008

Back Online Again!!!

OK after taking a few days off from poker after a heavy session in Nottingham last weekend, I was back online Saturday.

Target Events

$4k Gtd on PKR
$100k Gtd on PKR

Win seat for Sunday Warm Up and Sunday Million on Poker Stars.

Won a seat for the Sunday Warm up early on for only 40 loyalty points, result!!!

The $100k starts and I'm sat at the tightest table I have ever sat on at PKR. Out of 449 runners I actually get sat next to Dave Knight a great player from the Newcastle where I play regularly. Not much action early on, I get QQ and take down a nice pot, then AK and hit then KK and take down another nice pot. I get moved and take down a monster pot when guy limps from cutoff. I make up SB with Jh9c, BB autofolds as he is sitting out. Flop comes 8c9h10c. I bet out, he re-raises, I push all in and he calls with J10, damn I'm behind. Turn comes 7c. Yes!!!! Now splitting. River 4c, and I take it down with a sick back door flush. This puts me up to 50k and I should have enough to get past the bubble. I bully my stack up to around 70k and am in cruise mode. Then this happens. I'm in BB and folds round to SB who calls. I look down at Ah10h and make a raise to 4k. SB pushes all in for 30k. My notes on him say "Italian fish who pushes with any 2 cards from blinds". I'm sure I am ahead and call. He has 9h4c, Flop comes 10c8c2h, I am monster favourite, but a club on the turn and a club on the river gives him a 4 high backdoor flush. This obviously damages my stack big time and I have to limp to the bubble with 50 players left. I cut loose after the bubble playing my usual small stack game. I manage to get to 16 players left and push all in with AJ, fish calls with A7 spikes a 7 on flop and I hit the rail. I get $1010 for 16th which isn't a bad return conisdering I satellited in for $2!!!

At the same time I finish on the bubble in the $4k gtd for £110 loss.

Profit for the night $900.

No comments: