Monday 20 February 2012

WBCOOP 2012

Well it's that time of year again & the annual pilgrimage to PokerStars.com for the World Bloggers Championship of Online Poker.

This years 1st prize for the best blogger is $5000 and PokerStars would like to now what we would do with it if we won it.

Well for me it is simple. I used to have a bankroll I used specifically for playing online satellites into major events, and I was lucky enough to win seats to major UK and international events, including GUKPT's, European Deep Stack Champs, APT & APPT Main events, & several other large tournaments which would ordinarily be well outwith my normal bankroll level. Unfortunately, due to the recession, I had to use the money in this bankroll for general living expenses & therefore I no longer have this roll.

I remember the experience of qualifying for the European Deep Stack Championships in it's inaugural year, and while I took a horrible beat when getting it all in on the turn with top set vs an overpair+gutshot and he rivered the gutshot, the overall experience of playing in a 50k starting chips 1hr clock deep stack event was fantastic and coming 5th in the PLO side event, which was 20k starting chips, with 1hr clock, was just plainly awesome. When I think it cost me a few dollars to play in that event & the experience of travelling to Ireland, meeting loads of "pros", it just brings home how valuable having that satellite bankroll was. Another instance would be the fact that it cost me all of $55 to travel half way round the word and play in the $1m gtd APT main event in Manila. With $2500 traveling expenses and the $2500 buy in covered by the package I won, the main event was guaranteed at a prize pool of $1m and I was extremely happy with the way I played again. Once again a horrible bad beat after shoving all in on a 457 rainbow flop with pocket jacks only for some rich fish to call me with A8 and river his gutshot draw. But I keep telling myself all I can do is get it in good and hope the other player doesn't get lucky.

Whilst my blog might not now be the best or funniest or most followed blog in the world, $5k 1st prize for best blogger would be a fantastic way to develop my blog by using the $5k to satellite into major events across the world and have followers follow my experiences as I blogged my way of "living the dream".

So if I was to get the $5k it would be used to create a new satellite bankroll, to enable me to again play in these higher level events, where I would once again blog the experiences & outcomes as they happened. Hopefully this time the elusive major bink will come my way and I will be able to blog the success and hopefully give some readers the insight into how it is possible for us mere mortals to bink big if given the chance. Because, like the title of my blog says, I'd rather be lucky than good.

No comments: