Tuesday 20 May 2008

GiMac Qualifies For APT $1m gtd in Manila

WoW!!!!!!! So as promised, Monday got a whole lot better. I was still not feeling well, but had the APT final qualifier to play on PKR. With 99 runners and only 3 packages up for grabs, I knew it would be a tall order, but you got to be in it to win it, right? Anyway 6 hours later we were on the 5th place bubble, and with 3 x $5000 packages and £4800 for 4th up for grabs, nobody wanted to go out. But I made a spurious, some would say downright bad call when the SB pushed into my BB where I held the monster hand of 4 4. Fortunately his A2 didn't improve and we were 4 handed. I suggested that with such a small amount between 4th and a package that we all put in $50 and then we could all go. Everyone agreed, but some jobsworth at PKR Support said "No final table deals allowed". Of course I end up going out in 4th after my AQ is busted by KQ, but I tell them that I'm going anyway and PKR see sense the next day and send me an e-mail confirming that they would pay the $200 and make 4th prize up to a full package. Good on them, although $200 ain't a bad price to pay for me to wear their clothing for a few days.

As far as the event itself is concerned it's 10,000 starting chips 1 hour clock with a guaranteed prize pool of $1m, so first prize should be in region of $280-300k. As I said before you got to be in it to win it, so here's hoping.

So watch out Manila in the Phillipines, GiMac is on his way. Come on!!!!

1 comment:

TEAMDOBB said...

Gl m8 and plenty lotion on! Dont let the other distractions effect you!!!!